Sunday 22 April 2012

Electro Etching

Hurray! I have just successfully rolled a piece of metal with a brass plate that I etched yesterday. It was my second attempt as the first was uneven. However with the aid of an old car battery charger from a car boot sale, an old aquarium pump and a glass lidded storage container I managed a beautifully even etch using a 10% nitric solution. Etching vertically was my husbands suggestion and was much easier and worked brilliantly. (Thanks Peter, our early morning chat was worth while! I did contemplate waking him up in the night to discuss it but thought he might be a bit grumpy!) The design is for some Union flag inspired earrings for a show I have coming up shortly at Lovers Lights Gallery in Twickenham. I did the rough design during last week's Guild of Enamellers AGM last Friday. I wasn't bored honestly, I just can't sit and listen in
a meeting without doodling. All I need now is customers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment