Monday 16 April 2012

Guild of Enamellers Conference

Have just got back from a really super weekend at the Guild of Enamellers conference in Nantwich, Cheshire. I was teaching a workshop called Bags and Boxes. We were making forms from copper shim, embossing them, stitching them and then enamelling them. WAtch this space for some photos! It was really hectic as I was away on holiday for Easter with my family so I had packed everything a week earlier. I was really hoping I hadn't forgotten anything important! It all went well though so now I am busy unpacking and putting everything away. I hate that bit!! I'm going to be really busy this week as classes start tomorrow and I am about to start work on a new range for an exhibition starting in May. The range is enamelled in muted, soft colours and based on the Union flag. I thought I would call it Jubilation. I'll post some pics of that too when I have some.

1 comment:

  1. Love the "angels" you did, just found your blog from the Yahoo Enamel group. Was curious about the "Bags and Boxes". What are they, thin pieces of metal, embossed then sewn together with metal wire? You mention enameling them and wondered how they held up. Can they be used for jewelry? If you have pictures could you send me a link. If this is propriortary I understand if you can't pass on information.
    Billie Anne, Pennsylvania, U.S.

    ReplyDelete