Tuesday 26 June 2012

Spooky Musical Boxes?

Husband woke me up in the night claiming to have heard a musical box. 'You've got musical box movements haven't you.' he accused me. 'What was it playing?' I asked him. 'Was it Happy Birthday or the theme from Paganini? They are the only two I have and they don't start up spontaneously.' I declined to discuss the physics involved at 3.30am! He didn't know so as all was quiet we went back to sleep, although I was left with the lingering thought of a spirit making it's presence felt by winding up my musical boxes. Would make quite a good scene in a horror movie don't you think? Any how, I thought I would share with you the Happy Birthday musical box I made. It has a silver candle holder and charm and the lid comes off to reveal a space just the right size for one of my favourite sweeties. Oh, by the way, I think somewhat boringly I might have solved the mystery. My phone had run out of battery in the night and I think it might sound a distress call just before it dies! Don't tell the husband. He doesn't read my blog and doesn't do Facebook
so he need never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment