Thursday 12 July 2012

Brighton Pavilions and Fossils



Tomorrow I am going to deliver to Bellis Gallery in Brighton, two exciting new brooch designs. The Fossil brooches are sgraffito in liquid white on copper with jewellery enamels over. They were great fun to do and use techniques I have developed working on my Fossil Panels and Rock of Ages panels. I am planning to do more, and to use different fossils as inspiration other than ammonites. The Brighton Pavilion Brooches use a riso screen design. They both have handmade copper brooch findings that I soldered on before enamelling, using hard solder. I have also made a small range of hand made greetings cards using these designs. I love the range of effects using the liquid white. Fire cooler and the colours appear opaque. Fire hotter and longer and the white clears and golden colours start to appear. The spontaneous nature and range of effects make this very exciting, as truly no two are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment